FIRST is an inclusive robotics community that prepare young people for the future. Whether it is finding their people or finding their path, students gain the skills and courage to forge ahead with FIRST.
Please review the eligibility requirements below, then click 'Continue' at the bottom of this page to begin or resume your application. _____________________________________________
If you have already submitted your application, you may click on 'View My Submissions' below, from this screen you will be able to view, print, download, or withdraw your submitted application.
To be eligible for consideration for an initial grant of $10,000 an Applicant must:
- Be a 2020 FIRST Tech Challenge or FIRST Robotics Competition Dean’s List Award Winner
- Be a secondary school senior or graduate who has not yet commenced full-time undergraduate studies at a college or university.
- Have applied for admission to, an eligible undergraduate program, which means a full-time program in a science, technology, engineering, arts, or math at a college or university that (i) in the United States, is eligible to participate in the federal student financial assistance programs administered by the United States Department of Education under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended, or (ii) school outside the United States, is demonstrated by the applicant to be similarly accredited.
- Have participated as a team member for a minimum of one year on a FIRST® Tech Challenge or FIRST® Robotics Competition team.
- Complete and submit this application by 29 November 2020
- If requested, participate in an interview (telephone, in person, or online) with the Woodie Flowers Memorial Grant Selection Committee.
- If selected as a recipient, provide to FIRST a completed IRS form W-9, which can be found here.
The Woodie Flowers Memorial Grant Selection Committee's decisions to select recipients for grants and all other decisions related to The Woodie Flowers Memorial FIRST Scholarship Fund are final and not subject to any judicial or other review. By submitting an application, an applicant agrees that the Committee's decisions are final and not subject to any judicial or other review. FIRST employees and officers, members of the FIRST Board of Directors, members of the Grant Selection Committee, and their spouses, parents, children, grandchildren, and siblings, and spouses of their parents, children, grandchildren, and siblings are ineligible.