Ends on 1/18/2016
If you are an initial applicant, please review the eligibility requirements below, then click 'Continue' at the bottom of this page to begin or resume your application.
If you have already submitted your application, you may click on 'View My Submissions' below, from this screen you will be able to view, print, download, or withdraw your submitted application.
To be eligible for consideration for an initial grant of $10,000 an Applicant must:
· Be a secondary school senior or graduate who has not yet commenced full-time undergraduate studies at a college or university.
· Have been accepted to, or applied for admission to, an eligible undergraduate program, which means a full-time program in Biomedical Engineering, Pre-medical Studies, or a program that allows students to pursue a chosen major while simultaneously completing a subset of medical school prep courses (e.g. biology, physics, chemistry and organic chemistry, so that the student will be qualified for admission to medical school upon graduation), at a college or university that (i) in the United States, is eligible to participate in the federal student financial assistance programs administered by the United States Department of Education under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended, or (ii) outside the United States, is similarly accredited.
· Have participated as a team member for a minimum of one year on a FIRST® LEGO® League, FIRST® Tech Challenge or FIRST® Robotics Competition team.
· Complete and fully submit the online application and materials no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on January 18.
· If requested, participate in an interview (telephone, in person, or online) with the Grant Selection Committee.
· If selected as a recipient, furnish to FIRST a completed IRS form W-9, which can be found here.
· If selected, attend the FIRST Championship in St. Louis, MO, April 28-30, 2016.
The Bart Kamen Memorial FIRST Scholarship Fund Grant Selection Committee's decisions to select recipients for grants and all other decisions related to The Bart Kamen Memorial FIRST Scholarship Fund are final and not subject to any judicial or other review. By submitting an application, an applicant agrees that the Committee's decisions are final and not subject to any judicial or other review.
FIRST employees and officers, members of the FIRST Board of Directors, members of the Grant Selection Committee, and their spouses, parents, children, grandchildren, and siblings, and spouses of their parents, children, grandchildren, and siblings are ineligible.
Recipients of The Bart Kamen Memorial FIRST Scholarship grants will be notified by April 1 of each year and will be made public in April of each year. Payment of the grant will be contingent upon admission to, and enrollment in, an Eligible Undergraduate Program by May 1.